Investors wary of the current economic situation due to the ongoing trade disputes fell back on the bond market, causing the 10-year treasury yield to decrease. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 4.10 percent with an average 0.50 point fee for the week ending May 9, 2019, down from last week when it averaged 4.14 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 4.55 percent.
South Lake Tahoe Optimist Club is hosting its Annual Kids’ Fishing Derby at Sawmill Pond (corner of Lake Tahoe Blvd. & Sawmill Rd.) on Saturday, June 1st from 8am to 12pm.
FREE to all children 14 years and younger!
Fishing tackle & bait available. Expert guidance from Tahoe Fly Fishing on hand.
Free fish cleaning table. Hot dogs, chips, & lemonade provided after the Derby!
The public has another chance to speak to the South Tahoe Public Utility District about a proposed rate change during their board meeting on Thursday, May 16 at 2:00 p.m.
There have been several meetings and workshops about water and sewer rates in South Lake Tahoe since January.
At their March 21 meeting, the Board voted to start a required rate change process. They noticed all ratepayers, informing them there would be a rate increase of up to five percent for sewer rates and six percent for water rates. For more on the story visit this page.
Located at South Lake Tahoe, Gardner Mountain is loved by its residents due to its location to nearby shops, Raley’s grocery store and the proximity by bike to local trails, the beach and Fallen Leaf Lake. Lot sizes are also a bit larger and range up to 10,000 square feet. As of April 2019 the median sales price for this area is $370,000 – a 2.8% increase from this time last year. The area topographically rises gradually from the corner of Highway 50 at Lake Tahoe Blvd towards the back of the neighborhood at 13th St and Gardner St – adjacent to our High School.
- A presentation on how to use TRPA’s online tree removal application tool by Linda Allen, IT systems analyst for TRPA
- An overview of TRPA’s tree removal rules and regulations by Bruce Barr, forester for TRPA
- And a presentation on creating defensible space to help protect homes and businesses
- Those who have a mooring permitted by TRPA;
- have previously applied for a TRPA mooring permit; or
- have a mooring with a state or federal permit or lease;
- And those who have a mooring with no permit or lease but proof of its existence prior to 1972.